Antioxidants help protect our skin by limiting the free radical production that causes damage. When you use antioxidants daily, you get to reduce skin damage, such as sunspots, inflammations, and other signs of aging. This is because antioxidants increase the moisture retention in our skin, eliminating dullness and encouraging a natural glow.
For this reason, it's a good idea to incorporate products that have antioxidants to ensure that you get that supple and youthful glow. But before you continue in building your routine, here's what you need to know about antioxidants and how they work in your skin:
Antioxidants Fight Free Radicals
Perhaps you've seen a sliced apple turn brown a few minutes after being exposed to air. Free radicals cause this process of oxidation, and these unstable molecules trigger a chain reaction that damages healthy cells.
Our bodies produce free radicals, but besides that, you can also be exposed expose to them through environmental factors such as pollution, cigarette smoke, UV rays, and other harmful toxins. When you have an overload of free radicals in your system, it could trigger oxidative stress, which contributes to harmful effects on your skin.
However, studies show that antioxidants in your skincare routine can help counter free radical damage and help skin recovery due to oxidative stress.
What Exactly Do Antioxidants Do?
Corrects signs of Skin Aging: When you're exposed to free radicals, you promote oxidative stress. Oxidation breaks down collagen production and hinders skin recovery, resulting in inflammation. This will then translate to wrinkles, lines, acne breakouts, and more. However, antioxidants can help prevent these issues and give you a more youthful glow.
Prevents Sun Damage: Antioxidants have anti-inflammatory properties provide exceptional protection against photo-aging and sun damage.
Aids in Skin Recovery: When you have skin inflammation, it halts the skin renewal process. But with the help of antioxidants, you help skin repair itself by stimulating collagen production and by giving it the nutrients it needs to heal.
- Brightens the Complexion: When you're exposed to the harmful rays of the sun and other free radicals, you change your skin's melanin production. When this happens, you get dark spots and uneven skin tones. Fortunately, antioxidants like vitamin C can help prevent abnormal skin pigmentation and hinder tyrosinase, an enzyme that encourages melanin production.
The Best Antioxidants For Your Skin
When you're looking for effective skincare products like toners and gel cleansers, it's important to check if they have powerful antioxidants that would benefit your skin. Some ingredients you should keep an eye on are the following:
- Vitamin C which boosts collagen production and aids in skin hyperpigmentation
- Niacinamide or vitamin B3 which improves your skin tone and texture
- Resveratrol which provides excellent and proven anti-aging abilities
- Vitamin E which improves the overall functions of your skin as it increases and aids its natural healing process
- Retinol or Vitamin A which helps prevent and slows down the skin aging process as it stimulates collagen production
- Coenzyme Q10 helps fight off free radicals that affect your skin's health while improving your skin's elasticity and texture
- Polyphenols prevent UV-induced skin damage and improve your skin's natural defenses against oxidative stress.
A great addition to your skincare routine is A Daima's Safi Toning Mist. You'll find that this mist is packed with all the antioxidant goodness your skin needs to help recover and get back its youthful, natural glow.
The Bottom Line: Find Products With Antioxidants That Will Help Bring Back Your Youthful Glowing Skin
Thanks to antioxidants, we can help slow down and eliminate signs of skin aging and bring back the natural elasticity and suppleness of your skin. By choosing the right products to incorporate into your routine — from gel cleansers to oils, mists to toners — you'll find that your skin will become healthier and suppler, making you look fresh and young again!
How Can A Daima Help You?
With the wave of skincare products in the market, finding one that works can be difficult. Thankfully, A Daima's skincare collection boasts of effective, natural, and powerful products that help bring back your skin's health and natural glow.
We are an all-natural, plant-based skincare brand that features amazing ingredients sourced from the most fertile regions in the world — the Amazon and Africa. Our company believes in digging deeper and sustainably utilizing a wider variety of the skincare gifts Mother Nature has provided.
From gel cleansers to toners, we've got you covered. Check out our products today!